Cupping therapy is a form of therapy used in traditional Chinese medicine (Hijama is the Islamic form of cupping). This medical approach is based on the belief that there are various channels inside the human body. Life energy, also called “qi” or “chi” flows through these channels. As long as the energy continues to circulate, the person remains healthy. But, when there are obstructions in this flow, these snags manifest themselves in the form of diseases and ailments. Cupping therapy, by creating suction can release these obstructions and induce the body to heal itself. This therapy is highly effective in treating an extensive range of problems, infertility being one of them.
This Acuzone cupping set is a well reviewed and well priced cupping option. It includes 19 cups of different sizes and a hand pump.
Medically, infertility is defined as the inability to conceive a child even after the couple has had unprotected intercourse for a year. It can also be defined as the inability of a woman to deliver a live, healthy baby. Cupping therapy can help by removing the problems in the reproductive systems of both, men and women, that eventually lead up to infertility.
Cupping therapy is often used in conjunction with acupuncture. Your therapist will recommend that you take the procedure in the mornings when the life energy or chi is stronger. You will also be requested to continue the treatment regularly for at least 6 months, by way of a preset schedule.
Time Frames Targeted for Cupping
- Stimulation: This is achieved by conducting the treatment from the day 5 of the menstrual cycle through day 11.
- Ovulation: The treatment is given from day 12 of the cycle through day 16 when ovulation takes place.
- Luteal Phase: The sessions begin on day 17 of the cycle and are continued through day 28.
How Cupping Helps Female Infertility
As explained above, cupping therapy can help by healing problems in the reproductive systems that can be the cause of infertility. These are some of the possible effects of the therapy:
- Induces ovulation and helps when women do not ovulate or have anovulatory cycles
- Cures imbalances of the thyroid gland
- Removes blockages and inflammation in the fallopian tubes
- Helps remove defects in the luteal phase
- Cures endometriosis or problems where the lining of the uterus forms outside of it
- Helps with hirsutism when hormone imbalances result in the woman having excessive hair on the face and body
- Balances the hormones in the body when imbalances cause the formation of cysts in the ovaries, also called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Help with regulating menstruation
- Helps with painful menstruation and cramps
How Cupping Helps Male Infertility
Cupping therapy can be effective in helping men also. This is how:
- Improves the quality of sperm produced
- Helps with problems with the prostrate
- Cures infections in the genital tract
- Cures inflammation of the veins in the scrotum
- Assists with erectile dysfunction
Assistance in IVF Treatments
If couples opt to go for IVF treatments, cupping therapy can help in raising the probability of its success. Here’s how:
- Helps regulate female hormones
- Lowers stress levels
- Induces the ovaries to develop healthy eggs or ovum
- Stimulates the formation of follicles in the ovaries
- Improves blood circulation to the uterus
- Induces the formation of a stronger lining in the uterus
- Helps in the development of more viable embryos
- Improves the immunity of the prospective mother
- Lowers the possibility of a miscarriage
- Eases the side effects of the medications taken during IVF procedures
While cupping therapy can help women trying to conceive, it is not advisable for pregnant women or if the patient has a high fever. That being said, the therapy is safe and not invasive. Patients, typically, do not feel any pain, just a pulling sensation on the skin. There are no side effects either and the minimal bruising that appears at times, simply dissipates within a few days. Many therapists might recommend that it is used in a combination treatment with acupuncture. In the hands of an expert therapist, acupuncture is completely painless too. Do remember, though, that cupping therapy must be taken from a certified practitioner only.
1. http://www.natural- health-for-fert ility.com/cupping-therapy.html#sthash.DkG6hq1j.dpuf
2. http://www.mira-dy namics .com /how-to-use-mira-massage-cups/cupping-therapy-for-infertility/
3. http://amandabears .com/cupping-therapy-and-fertility/
4. http://muslimvillage .com/2013/11/19/46239/hejama-cupping-cure/