The technique of healing with crystals has been used by cultures around the world for 6,000 years and continues to be used even today. Although modern science does not support the efficacy of the therapy, proponents believe in the ability of crystals and gemstones to synchronize the misaligned energy fields of the body. In this way, crystal therapy can bring about good health and wellness. Differently colored crystals have been attributed to having various properties with some supporters even crediting them with mystical abilities.
Check out this collection of Crystals on Amazon for Crystal Therapy.
Properties of CrystalsEach crystal can be distinguished by its specific coloring, shape, and texture, and has unique effects on the body. Hindu texts talk about how the colors of the spectrum from red through violet are related to the seven chakras of the body. Here are a few examples of crystals and how they can help you.
- Amethysts: Helpful for the intestines, it is also known to boost creativity and bring you peace and help you sleep better. The amethyst is placed on the navel to help overcome addictions.
- Fluorite: Also available in different colors with each color having a specific property, clear fluorites are placed on the crown to align the chakras.
- Green Aventurine: For heart health
- Lapis lazuli: This crystal has many properties and can be used to improve memory, harmonize relationships, and remove anxiety and emotional pain.
- Yellow Topaz: Aids in mental clarity
- Jade: Also called a “dream stone” it is known to enhance dreams and the mind’s eye. Jade is placed in the center of the chest and can bring about emotional stability.
- Black Obsidian: During crystal therapy, black obsidian is placed in the base of the spine and is known to eliminate negativity and achieve spiritual benefits.
- Rose Quartz: This crystal can be placed on the heart, crown, brow, and throat. It is known to help to remove negative feelings and emotions so you feel love, happiness, and compassion.
- Turquoise: This crystal can be placed on the throat and is useful for protection against infections and physical injuries. It is also known to help with speech impediments.
How Crystals are Used
Crystals can be used to help people in many different ways.
- During crystal therapy, the healer places the stones on the chakras or energy points on your body or around it in a grid like pattern. Depending on the specific symptoms you have, the healer chooses the right colored crystals so they can correct the energy flows and bring health and wellness.
- Crystals can be worn or carried on the person. You can wear them as a piece of jewelry or pack them in tiny pouches that you can carry with you in your pocket or pinned inside your clothing.
- Gemstones can be placed in specific locations where their positive energies can help you.
- Crystals can be placed in the bath water or on the side of the bath so they can wash away negativity and stress, and rejuvenate, refresh, and soothe the user.
- Therapists recommend placing certain crystals under the pillow so they can protect against illnesses, insomnia, bad dreams and nightmares, and relay positive energy.
- Crystals can be soaked in water for a few hours to create healing elixirs. These elixirs are often used in meditation and foretelling the future.
- Crystal stones are sometimes chosen and used according to the seasons. Yellow topaz and citrine are used during the winter months to help patients of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). Turquoises and emeralds are worn during springtime while opals and pearls are chosen for the summer months. For the autumn months, opals and sapphires are the recommended stones.
- You can also choose specific crystals according to the particular objective you have in mind. For instance, red stones like garnets, carnelians, and rubies are known to boost memory and are called record keeper crystals. Students attending classes or sitting for exams can carry stones that have one or more raised triangles on their faces for better concentration and mental aptitude.
- During meditation, gemstones must be held in the hands for better concentration and ability to calm the mind.
- Crystals are highly effective in eliminating the environmental invisible pollution in homes and workplaces and restoring the positive, natural electromagnetic field of the earth. This pollution comes from electrical appliances like the TV, radio, microwave, computers, and other items such as plastics, nylons, metals, and any man-made substances.
Getting and Owning Crystals
Experts in crystal therapy often talk about the mystical attributes of crystals. They recommend that you buy the crystals that you’re drawn to or are instinctively attracted to with their magnetism. That’s because gemstones can find their way into your life depending on the kind of issues you’re facing and the healing you need at the time. Try holding your hands over the crystals or wearing them to find the ones that are best suited for you.
Crystals and gemstones also make excellent gifts. When choosing a gem for a friend or loved one, you must think about the person and pick out the crystal that you’re most drawn to so it can help your friends with the positive healing they need.
Although there are thousands of different crystals occurring in nature, healers may choose only the ones that have the healing energies appropriate for the symptoms and physical and mental issues you need treatment for. Healers using crystal therapy train extensively to understand how gemstones can help to energize, calm, protect, and purify their users or the locations where they are placed. Adopt crystals in your life and you’ll soon see many benefits from their use.
Desy, Phylameana Lila. “What is Crystal Therapy?” About Religion. 18 Apr. 2016. Web. 14 Dec. 2016.
Palermo, Elizabeth. “Crystal Healing: Stone-Cold Facts About Gemstone Treatments.” LiveScience. 20 Jan. 2015. Web. 14 Dec. 2106.
“Crystal therapy.” Therapy Directory. n.d. Web. 14 Dec. 2016.
“Top 10 Healing Crystals and their meanings.” Crystals Their Meanings. n.d. Web. 15 Dec. 2016.
“How to Use Crystals” The Crystal Healing Shop. n.d. Web. 15 Dec. 2016.