Students looking to practice as a cupping therapist, will need to take a course that provides them with the very best of training. This training must impart all the detailed information in an inspiring format along with knowledge of the practical nuances of this form of healing. When looking for a quality cupping therapy course that can help them perfect their art, there are certain factors they must keep in mind.
What they Teach
The training sessions must be given in an open and productive atmosphere that is conducive to learning. Students must also receive hands-on training so that they are well-trained to begin healing patients as soon as they are done with the course. They must receive full value for the time, funds and efforts they put into the course.
Once they have acquired the necessary knowledge and skills, they must receive the appropriate certification. This certificate must declare that they have been successful in completing their study of the complete range of cupping therapies. It must allow them to practice therapy according to the laws and regulations of the location where they will be practising and also if needed on an international level. If they are looking for Continuing Education credits, the institute should have the accreditation to provide those credits.
Learning Advanced Techniques
The teaching institute should be able to impart knowledge of advanced techniques and instruments that can provide better and more effective healing to the patients.
- Myofascial and Trigger Point Release and Mobilizing Techniques
- Use of customized hand-blown glass cups with attached pumping devices
- Use of high-grade Haci magnetic cups
- Use of flexible rubber cupping tools
- Facial cupping techniques
- Therapies for treating the neck, shoulder and back by using two flexible cups and that are moved in opposite directions by way of gliding cupping to stretch the muscles and thus relax the stress in them.
- Therapies for the arms and hands to alleviate the effects of strain from overuse. This therapy also works to induce the flow of blood and eliminate blockages.
- Techniques for using cupping and stretching on the hips and legs
- Techniques of localized and sliding cupping to release stress and fatigue in the feet.
- Cupping methods specially designed for detoxification of the entire body including removing toxins at both, deep tissue and superficial levels.
- Methods for improving blood circulation so as to remove cellulite, and the appearance of stretch marks and scars from injuries.
- Abdominal cupping techniques.
- Use of specific herbal oils during sliding cupping that can give therapeutic benefits to the patient.
Students must check for the time frame for which the institution had been teaching along with the number of students that have received training in the past. They might also want to look for the qualifications of the faculty that will be teaching the courses. A money-back assurance without conditions if the students are not satisfied with the course can also be a good indicator of the caliber of the course provider.
Study Material and Support
A study of the reading material that is provided is a good indication of the efficiency of the course. As is the provision of support even after the course is completed. Students should feel comfortable in contacting the teachers and asking questions and instructions afterwards. If the number of students per class is limited, this will allow the instructors to extend one-to-one training when needed so that students learn better.
All these factors can help prospective cupping therapists choose the right course provider that can train them well and also make the necessary certification available to them.
1. http://www.healthtradition s.com.au/course-details.htm
2. http://www.healthtraditions .com.au/course-details/cupping/modern-cupping.htm
3. http://www.artoftouch.co m.au/Cupping-Therapy.htm