The TDP Mineral Lamp is a relatively new therapeutic device that treats ailments by emitting far infrared light. Created a scarce 16 years ago, this method is being increasingly used by physical therapists, chiropractors, acupuncturists, and other healthcare professionals to help their patients with chronic illnesses. The TDP Lamp is safe to use, non-invasive and easy to use and works to treat diseases by replacing the lost mineral content in the body. You can buy one of these devices and use it in the comfort of your home.
We recommend this TDP Lamp, it has great reviews and is reasonably priced.
What is the TDP Mineral Lamp?
Acronym for “Teding Diancibo Pu,” the TDP lamp is also called a “special electromagnetic spectrum” lamp. It works on the belief that the far infrared light or mid-IR wavelengths it emits can loosen the fibrous tissues connecting the muscles and organs. Blood can thus circulate more freely in the smallest of vessels in the body by way of microcirculation and promote healing. Not only does the blood deliver fresh oxygen, nutrients, and healing enzymes into the body cells, it also works to carry away toxins, dead cells, debris, and other waste. In this way, the device stimulates the body to heal itself in a process similar to the healing energy that radiates from the hands of a massage therapist. The device is also believed to work according to the basis of Traditional Chinese Medicine or TCM by promoting the free movement of “qi,” “chi” or life energy in the body.
Origins of the TDP Lamp
The original design for the TDP Lamp was first developed in China in the year 1978 as a result of studies conducted on the workers that worked in a black clay plant in a rural area. Researchers were surprised to note that despite working in conditions of extreme heat and cold, and in wet environs, the employees remained healthy and rarely fell sick. When analyses were conducted on the hot clay, they found that it emitted a beneficial far infrared radiation. Using these findings as a base, Gou Wenbin, an inventor created the first TDP Lamp and exhibited it at the Zagreb International Fair in Yugoslavia in 1986 where it won the gold medal. Later in the same year, it was also displayed at the Brussels Eureka World Fair for Invention winning the silver medal.
How the TDP Lamp is Made
The TDP Lamp resembles a typical lamp mounted on a movable base with a vertical pole, spring arm, and head. It also includes a timer, either mechanical or digital. The wire cage head of the lamp comprises of a heat reflector, insulator, mineral plate, and heating plate activated with electricity. The key component of the TDP Lamp is the mineral plate that is heated to 870 °F or 466 °C. This device can emit far infrared radiation that ranges from 2 to 50 micrometers.
The mineral plate of the device comprises of an iron plate that is about 0.5 to 1.5
millimeters in thickness. It serves as the base for the 33 trace elements in unique mineral forms that are also added in a layer. They are aluminum, antimony, arsenic, barium, boron, cadmium, calcium, carbon, chromium, cobalt, copper, iodine, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, phosphorus, selenium, silicon, sodium, sulfur, tin, titanium, zinc, and zirconium along with bismuth, germanium, lithium, potassium, rubidium, strontium, and vanadium. The iron content of the plate helps the heat spread uniformly across the panel. The mineral plate can take 1500 hours of use on an average after which it must be replaced.
How the TDP Lamp Works
When the mineral plate in the TDP Lamp is heated to a high temperature, the minerals in it are ionized. The heat, radiation, and electromagnetic waves of the lamp carry these ions into the human body by penetrating up to 3 ½ inches below the surface of the skin and into the muscles. In their iconic state, the minerals can stimulate the healing and metabolic processes of your body. Each time you suffer stress, anxiety, illnesses, injuries, or fatigue, your body needs minerals to rebuild and rejuvenate itself. A weakened immune system also needs the boost of minerals so it can heal. By using the channel of heat waves that are similar to the natural energy of your body, the TDP lamp also called a Miracle Lamp can deliver the essential minerals that your body needs for health, healing, and wellness.
How Therapy with the TDP Lamp is Administered
The micro-circulation of blood caused by the TDP Lamp can have many beneficial effects on the human body. The warmth can ease the stiffness in the muscles and reduce inflammation simply by spending time lying under it. You can lie under the lamp head at a distance of 12 to 16 inches with the heat directed on the affected area. You’re likely to feel only a warm sensation that is soothing and relaxing. The duration of each session depends on the kind of illness the patient has.
- To lower pain and stiffness, and promote better health, 6 to 20 sessions are needed, each lasting for about 5 to 40 minutes, once a day.
- To help with joint pain and ease movement, each session must last for 30 minutes and is taken for seven days.
- To reduce muscle spasms, treat muscle strains and sprains, or relieve back pain, shorter sessions can be taken as needed.
Benefits of the TDP Lamp
Approved by the FDA for sale without the need for Premarket Approval Application or PMA, the TDP Lamp is being used in many countries including the U.S., China, Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, and Israel. It has been found to be very beneficial in treating ailments of the soft tissues and easing chronic pain. Here are some of the conditions it can treat.
- Stimulates the hypothalamus to produce neurochemicals that in turn help patients sleep better, elevate mood, ease sensations of pain, and lower hypertension.
- Promotes smooth movement by relieving inflammation and discomfort in case of arthritis, paralysis, joint pain, shoulder pain, and lower back pain.
- Helps in the healing of bone fractures
- Treats skin conditions like dermatitis and bruises, among others
- Helps erase skin scarring
- Promotes metabolism levels
- Helps with chest condition like pneumonia and colds. Also, helps treat flu.
- Treats reproductive issues like irregular menstruation and impotence
- Relieves diarrhea and edema
- Helps with angina, tumors, and any other infections
- Speeds the healing of injuries, sores, and diabetic ulcers
- Enhances the functioning of the white blood cells and thus, cures infections
- Boosts immunity
Contraindications of the TDP Lamp
While using the TDP Lamp is completely safe and can be utilized by any person, patients with certain conditions may be advised not to use the device.
- Patients that have neuropathy and cannot sense temperature properly can accidentally burn with the heat.
- Children and infants who cannot express if they’re too hot should not be given the treatment.
- Patients that have implants like pacemakers, silicone, or metal should avoid the treatment since the implants can absorb and retain heat differently than human tissue and can cause internal burns.
- The treatment should never be taken on the head, or it can dry out the eyes especially in the case of patients that have hypertension.
- The device must not be used if the patient has a fever, earache, eye infections, varicose veins, or a tendency to bleed easily.
- Pregnant women are also advised against the treatment.
Results of Research Conducted into the Efficacy of the TDP Lamp
Here are the results of the studies carried out into the effectiveness of TDP lamp therapy.
- The findings of the survey conducted by three medical centers in Colorado were declared at the American Diabetes Association Scientific Sessions. 49 patients with diabetes were given the treatment in 12 sessions for 30 minutes at a time. They showed a significant improvement in the numbness they felt in their feet and doctors found that the risk for amputation was much lowered.
- In the Los Angeles Olympics of 1984, Liang Ping, a player in the Chinese volleyball team was able to continue playing after an anklebone injury thanks to the 15 minutes of treatment with the TDP Lamp.
- American League MVP, Jason Giambi recommends the therapy for reducing pain and enhancing athletic performances.
TDP Lamp therapy has demonstrated many benefits to patients with different conditions. It is a simple procedure that is non-surgical and can be taken by most people. When used with care, it has no side effects and helps by stimulating the body to heal itself with the support of the ionized minerals it provides.
- “TDP lamp.” Wikipedia. 1 Aug. 2016. Web. 7 Nov. 2016.
- “How TDP Infrared Lamps Work to Speed Healing.” Natural Health Way. n.d. Web. 7 Nov. 2016.
- “What is a TDP Lamp? – It’s China’s “Miracle Lamp”! Soothe Your Soul. n.d. Web. 8 Nov. 2016.
- “TDP Lamp.” HealioHealth. n.d. Web. 8 Nov. 2016.